The holiday season is knocking at your door, wondering if you are ready to spend time with close family, relatives and good friends. No pressure, but… are you? This means being mentally prepared for all levels of family dynamics, as well as feeling as though you’ve chosen meaningful gifts for others this year. “Meaningful” is much different from simply spending a ton of money on random junk presents. It’s much easier to shop for someone with a passion, or a hobby—such as an admirer of real animal mounts.
Let us ask a taxidermist in Cody, WY what they would recommend you give to the taxidermy enthusiast in your life this holiday season:
• Take them on a hunt: Any animal trophy hunter will smile at being given a hunting trip this holiday. As the person giving the hunt, choose a destination or type of animal based on the gift receiver’s interests, or consider letting them make all the plans later. Over the holiday weekend or after the new year, a hunting trip may end with the hunter taking down a special trophy.
• Treat them to taxidermy services: Although good quality taxidermy is not an overnight job, you can still give taxidermy services as a holiday gift. Either hand-make a personal gift certificate or go with them to the shop to watch the pros during the initial designing process. Above all, it’s important that you don’t hire just any company for animal mount services. Make sure you choose a skilled taxidermist in Cody, WY to work on your gift of custom animal trophy services.
• Hire a pro to design their trophy room: Expert trophy room design service is a gift like no other. From a breathtaking multi-mount setup to commissioned custom pieces of all sorts of animals, let a professional design team create a trophy room that the hunter in your life will be proud to show off.
• Clean or restore a prized trophy: Another great idea for a holiday gift for taxidermy fans is to clean up or completely restore a loved one’s prized trophy. Maybe the first animal mount your dad ever invested in has been packed away in the attic for the past 20 years, or a favored deer bust of your brother’s is worse for wear. Take it in to a professional taxidermist to see if they can put some holiday spirit back into it.
• Wrap up information about taxidermy: Are you looking for a simple present for someone who’s curious about taxidermy? If so, pick up a few books and videos on the subject to stimulate their interest. For the avid trophy hunter or taxidermy collector, maybe buy them a new piece for their trophy room.
Whether a novice or a seasoned trophy hunter or collector, any taxidermy fanatic would be delighted to receive any of these mentioned gifts. Give one and you’ll see the gift recipient’s reaction firsthand.
To ensure you’re getting the highest quality lifelike custom animal mounts, contact Nature’s Design Taxidermy to work with an expert taxidermist in Cody, WY this holiday season, and any time of the year!