If you are a serious hunter who has many different prizes you want displayed, then a full trophy room is likely the way to go. But if you only have one or two prizes (may they be your own or heirlooms), then you might prefer to display them in another room in your home. When it comes to displaying taxidermy in Cody, WY, there are plenty of different care and placement tips to consider. But what it really comes down to is how you want to show off your prize. To that end, here are seven different display ideas for your taxidermy in Cody, WY:
- Home bar: A home bar is a great place for relaxing an entertaining, but it can sometimes be difficult to get the ambience just right. Having a prize deer, fish or other classic taxidermy item is a smart way to lend your home bar some authenticity, while still having the comforts of home on hand.
- Office: Who says an office has to be boring and stuffy? If you work from home or have a designated study, the right taxidermy piece can lend the right air of both distinction and playfulness to the room. It is also a great way to send a strong message about the patient and fearless hard worker you are.
- Game room: If you want your game room to fit its title in more ways than one, consider putting in a taxidermy piece along with the pool table, shuffleboard and arcade games. Similarly to the home bar, a taxidermy piece in the game room will make guests feel like they are somewhere special and unique.
- Vacation home: If you have a vacation home out in the woods or on a mountain, then proudly displaying your taxidermy prizes there is a natural choice. Even if the vacation home is in a more urban area, the right deer antlers or bear’s head can lend a cool, masculine vibe to the house.
- Bathroom: The bathroom is not the first place anyone would thing to display their taxidermy prizes, but the unexpected design feature will likely impress guests and serve as a nice conversation piece. And if your bathroom has a rustic or outdoorsy vibe, this will complete this aesthetic.
- Hallway: Similar to the bathroom, the hallway is a nice place to put taxidermy as a surprise element. If you have a long, wide hallway and several different taxidermy pieces, you could even turn it into a sort of trophy hall.
- Mantle: Finally, above the mantle is a classic and timeless spot for deer antlers, bear heads, lion heads and any other large game taxidermy pieces. Impress guests and make yourself feel at home with a living room that is equal parts cozy and arresting.
Wherever you choose to display your taxidermy, Nature’s Design Taxidermy is the only locally owned and operated spot for taxidermy in Cody, WY. We look forward to meeting you and helping you make your vision come to life.