Whether you’re an outdoorsman or -woman who enjoys regular animal trophy hunts or simply a collector of quality taxidermy mounts, there’s a good chance that you have a room dedicated to your passion: a trophy room. For hunters, this room is more than a spot with walls to hang animal mounts—it’s a space for memories of hunts past and to always remember the great adventures you had with loved ones. If you think about it, a trophy room is like a real-life storybook, complete with the most magnificent visuals a trophy hunter could ever want.
Now, let’s take a look at a few tips for creating a well-designed trophy room in Cody, WY:
- Use space wisely: Filling up your wall and floor space to the point that animal mounts are touching is not the way to go. When you squish all your trophies together, visual chaos is born, which makes it difficult for your guests to focus on each trophy’s unique beauty. Instead, allow for an adequate amount of openness around each mount for easy viewing.
- Hang at the right height: When it comes to a big game head or shoulder mount, you don’t want to hang it too low or too high on a wall. Too low and people are liable to walk right into it, while too high runs the risk of antlers or ears touching the ceiling. Hanging at just the right height also keeps mounts out of the reach of children and pets.
- Look beyond wall space: While you want to mount animal trophies on your walls, you should also utilize other space—like the floor, mantels, desktops and ceiling. You can commission an object to be made out of antlers, hides and feathers to use as decor, or use smaller game as table centerpieces. To include the ceiling, incorporate a unique antler chandelier or add lighting to brighten up the room.
- Let mounts tell a story: It’s important that your trophy room in Cody, WY has good flow. Do let each mount stand out on its own, but also create a flow throughout the room with strategic mount placement. When you avoid facing mounts toward a wall and don’t shove them into a dark corner, you create a welcoming environment that visitors will want to explore further.
- Decorate with a variety of mount styles: Of course, you probably have a favorite animal, but decorating your trophy room with a variety of animal species and mount styles will make it pop. So, keep your deer head mounts and life-size mountain lion taxidermy, but also include birds, small game and fish, and make sure to invest in a variety of trophy poses and styles. When you mix things up, you turn your trophy room into a more interesting space.
If you are interested in a professionally designed trophy room in Cody, WY or are looking for a taxidermy service that is experienced in working on a full range of animals, then make sure your next call is to the pros at Nature’s Design Taxidermy. Contact us today!